Sunday, March 23, 2014

Heading into work I felt exausted but ok

after having my Tim's breakfast and coffee, I felt pretty good. A bit of a stiff soar left knee lately but feeling ok. It was nice and sunny and cooler hobbling South on 107th there towards the office. 

I was set for a great day. I got 2 completes during my first hour and 2 more by 1pm. By 1pm though I was exhausted. I got maybe 2 hours sleep the night before, which didn't help and it was catching up with me. By 1:15pm I was ready to abandon ship at 2pm and call it a day. Then wtf? The building alarm system went off! We had to shut down our computers as I was right in the middle of a survey. We had to collect our things. The buildings occupants (including us) filed out side into the cooler air,as our group headed to the adjacent building where there was more sunlight and benches. Two fire trucks and emergency responder vehicles later and about 15minutes after that, building security let everybody back in. We had about 10 minutes to collect our thoughts and resume and our computer system was able to pick up where we left off. That was a nice little break and I felt ok to work out the last 3 hours from there and I hadn't had my half hour break yet. Then barely 15 minutes inside, the alarm sounds off again! Yeesh. Same recipe as before. Same location for our group but about half a hour later and less emergency vehicles later, we were allowed back inside, again. At this point I knew we were going to be sent home. We had another break and it was announced that the office would be closing for the day. We'd still get paid for the day of course. Too think earlier I was ready to go at 2pm, lol. Some of us were by the elevator on our way out and we noticed what looked like smoke coming from the overhead lights. We got out asap. So I hobbled along with a colleague to Corona lrt and caught the train home right away. At Clareview I was looking for my wife on her way to catch her train for her commute, hoping I could give her the bus pass. I didn't see her anyway at Clareview as I boarded the #183 and at the bus stop just outside our place. When I got into our suite there was Boots alone with the other cats and the vacuum in use. I figures Anne just left from there thinking she was late. 

I got a call from the Super at work saying we're ok for today's shift. It was steam coming out of the lights not smoke. So, I had a nap for a couple of hours before the hockey game, I woke up about 2 hours later and there was Anne on the couch. She said she had a day off today and noticed I was sleeping, lol! 

The Flame's/Oiler's game started out good and the game was tied at 1 going into the 2nd period, then it got ugly. In the second period the Flames scored 5 unanswered goals! In the 3rd another fan threw a Oiler jersey on the ice and the goaltender with his stick tossed it back into the crowd. The score ended up 8-1 Flames! They were clearly the better team and I give them full marks for playing nearly a perfect game, good for them. It's a full 8 hour day today and I should get home by about 9pm. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment