Monday, March 10, 2014

Sunday night leaving out of the office Iwas feeling burned out

and exhausted, at 4pm I wanted to work until 6 instead of 8. I had my half about 5:40pm. I figured, what the heck, I can work out the last 2 hours of my shift. 

I got home shortly before 9pm. I don't like the Sunday shift because it ties up the whole day, what with leaving around 11am and arriving home at about 9pm. That's almost like a 12 hour day. Saturday, much the same thing but at least I have most of the night off.

Next week I have a busy week what with it being my wife's birthday on Sunday. I usually like to take her out. She want's to go to Royal Pizza and I can pop into Chapters at the same time. It's a nice little outing for us. I'm also trying to do some creative juggling of hours so I can go to Lodge Tuesday night. They're having a special night. I'm thinking maybe book Tuesday off, that'd be great. Wednesday morning I've got that eye Doctor exam and I'm hoping my vision wont be out of focus to go in for my shift Wednesday. I've been through this before and it's not that bad. Also, I'm working Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday and Sunday are 2 full days and I keep my hours around the 52 average mark. More so if next week looks like this week.

It's a nice mild sunny day out there and we're supposed to have sunny skies hovering around +4/+6 degrees. Its the March run off but the back wash from vehicles along sidewalk curbs can be tricky. I think though, I'm out of my winter boots season at last. If we don't get any sudden snow fall  winter for (famous last words) is on it's way out. Although we can get anything here in Alberta this time of year. In 1981, when I was on my way out of Calgary after living there that winter/spring hearing about the snow storm in Edmonton. I was able to avoid it getting a ride to Edmonton in early may of that year. I also remember in May 1989 again we had a huge snow storm that lasted quite awhile. We don't get them very often but they can happen.  

So, today and for most of the week I'm in for 4-9 leaving out of here about 3pm. It's a long shift but a lot easier to work around then a full 7.5 hour shift. I've got the window open it's and to celebrate this beautiful Monday afternoon I Tweeted a photo of 137th Ave and it's on my Facebook page as well. Anyway, that's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment