Thursday, March 13, 2014

Most of you have heard about this already

but I'm not oblivious to the milestone: The internet as we  know it today is 25 years old. I first got access to the Internet in October of 1997 in Calgary. Today according to the Edmonton over 85% of Canadians have Internet access.

My wife rode with me on the lrt to Corona station as she had to get some specialized pet food. I had another great night on the job and when I got off the Corona Station escalator there were some people I recognized from my 2nd job I had in January. The didn't recognize me but that's ok. I've officially resigned to the conclusion I'm not invited back to the Spring campaign.

Anne and I decided to go to AW on Tuesday when I'm off because we can spend more time there. I mentioned I'm taking Tuesday night off because I'm going to Lodge. She didn't say anything about that. "as long s you  have the hours for the end of the month..." I thought she'd go into one of her tirades. This could be really great. I finally get to see a Canadian Rite degree. .

The total cost of phase 1 of the Valley line is $1.8B. The City has put in $800M. The Province is paying $250M, plus $150M to match federal grants, $200M for a 10 year no interest loan. Feds pay: $150 Building Canada fund grants, $250M P3 funds. That's just for the Valley line. Phase 2 is all above ground anyway. Phase 1 will be in operation by 2020. 

Yesterday we got up to +11. As of today I'm officially out of the winter boots business This afternoon its running shoes and a lighter jacket.Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment