Monday, March 17, 2014

Trouble with weather here in Alberta

and in Edmonton in general, you can never go by just what it reads, yes we got up to +10 today but with the wind chill it felt like +2.

I was out of bed about 11am yesterday morning and at 1pm and I caught the 1st period of the Oiler/Hurricanes hockey game. Anne and I were getting ready for our outing and I was able to watch the 2nd period. Perfect, I'd get ths finale score on our iPad. 

So here Anne and I are happy to leave the apartment on our little Anne birthday outing. We're merrily on the train and away. We do this Anne's birthday outing every year but it's always at different venues. Our dinner goal this year was to go to Royal Pizza with a pit stop for me at Chapters and a she likes to go to that "No frills." All 3 places are within a few blocks of each other. Then we'd go have our pizza and then take the train back to Bay Station to her place of work where a co worker of her's is a chartered accountant and gives us a break in doing our taxes. Anyway, that was the plan until about Central ETS decides to make an announcement saying, "We have switching problems at Corona so contingency buses from Corona to the University will be at street level on Jasper Ave, sorry for the inconvenience..." We were 2 pissed off un happy campers. Anne had her little carry caddy in tow so we take 3 flights of stairs up to Jasper. There must have been about 200 people on the sidewalk waiting to board another contingency bus. The one there was already loaded. We would have been waiting for most likely half an hour for the next bus if we wanted to have a comfortable ride across the river. That took all our the wind out of our sales, going to dinner the rest of the way. We decided to eat at BP's, which although wasn't that disappointing, the announcement obstacle earlier ruined our birthday plans. Waiting for our order I checked the iPad and at least the Oiler's won 2-1. My burger wasn't bad and she had a pizza.

After having something to eat we walked South side of Jasper Ave up to her place of work. Her colleague that did our taxes for us last year was at work as Anne knew he would be and we gave him all of our documents. He said he brought his laptop with him and will do some of the work in between calls. We paid him the fee and he said he'd have a answer for us by Friday if we owe or have something coming back, we would know one way or another by Friday. He said because Anne had a RRSP T4 she might have to pay but I probably wont but if I do get anything back this year, I doubt it's going to be anything like what it was last year. I might get half of the amount this year then last year or very little. If I get a substantial amount, I'm getting my computer and paying off my Lodge dues. 

After that we went to Tim's and I got the coffee and donuts and the train to Clareview Station. Anne walked the rest of the way home but I said I'd wait for the bu, which would be arriving shortly. I finished my coffee and read from "False Gods" waiting for my bus. For the most part we have that behind us and Anne's happy again. I'm more or less ok. 

It's 5 hours today on the job, Saint Patrick's day and Monday night Raw. I've got a busy week ahead of me what with the insulin appointment Tuesday morning and my Ophthalmologist appointment Wednesday morning and Lodge that same day. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment