Sunday, March 2, 2014

Our artic vortex is whats causing this cold snap all over the prairies

with wind chills like -38 here in Edmonton. This morning it's going to be -40! I was bundled up and I didn't feel it that bad yesterday morning.

Saturday morning I had my Tim's breakfast and had a good start to the shift, except a minor error on my part. It was about the last hour of the shift when the error was made. The way I'm screwing up there, I'd be surprised if I'm still there by the end of the week. I'm not going to worry about it. I've got a weekly classified street paper here, and there are a lot of call centre jobs that pay $18/$22 plus I have AW as well. Despite the error I made I still had a killer day. I've got some phone calls to make Monday. Just think James, 3 more years.

Even though it was -24/35 out there when we left the office, it wasn't that bad heading towards Corona station with a colleague just after 6pm. The Sun was just going down and still light outside. I caught my train home. 

In my email I got a quote about replacing my iPad glass and the repair kit costs $200. They don't have any kits in stock but have some on order. It's not a must have item at the moment but I know the glass can be replaced and the price is reasonable.

Anne had chilli slow cooking in the crock pot and for desert pumpkin pie and whipped cream. Very good as we were watching the news. 

It's a very tense situation going on over there in the Ukraine. I just hope calmer heads prevail.

I got my casual Lodge meeting at 7pm tonight, which means I'll be leaving out of here about 6pm or and I might even get a ride. I'll try and negotiate a ride first. That way I can get a Tim's coffee on the way in. I have keys to the building so it won't be too bad. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment