Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Usually I sleep over my 8

on Sundays but today I over slept from 4am this morning until about 10 minutes ago. If Anne had a day off, I'd still be sleeping until about 2pm.

The only downside about this 2nd job is that there is no bus out of Clareview after 1am. The last bus out is about 1am and I'm on the train. When I get to Corona station at 9pm and if I miss the first train at about 9:10pm, there's always another train. If I miss this train at 1:20am I'm stranded downtown until 5am. I should have went from 6-12:30 but I'm locked into these hours for three months. If I pass the 3 month probation period then in the new year I'll go for the 6:12:30am shift. If our lodge goes back to Thursday nights that'd be great because after my WM chair I'm considering Royal Arch (also meets on a Thursday). RA is a concordant body of York Rite Masonry. With this new job I might even affiliate with Commercial. The nice thing for me after January is I don't need to take a chair. With Commercial its a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon before I walk to my job a block away. With my job if my calls are slow I can check out my Sports scores on my work monitor and get my proline at the 7-11 next door. 

As for Lodge, this Friday is going to be a busy night, what with receiving GL officers official visits, balloting. Once the balloting has been completed I'll breathe sigh of relief and the close out is easy. Then it's retire to the festive board have a beer and relax. My position is almost like a part time job in itself but the pay off means after next year I'll get a IPM certificate and lay claim to the prefix wm James Shannon. That's what my prefix is now but then I'll I wont have the duties as a wm. I still have after Friday, its our elections and the district meeting but that's in October on a Saturday afternoon. After that in November we have Remembrance day and then installation. After Installation in December, is when I can really breath a sigh of relief

Tonight, I have a easy 4 hours 5-9 and if all goes well, I hope to have Sunday off. Gives me a chance to recharge the batteries after that long day Saturday. Sunday, I might be able to even watch some Doctor who and some football as well. Anyway that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment