Thursday, September 18, 2014

About 8am yesterday morning Anne screams waiking me

up. I have geriatric issues called restless legs syndrome. Or RLS. It took me 3 hours just to get to sleep from there and after she woke up screaming, I might have had an hours sleep. This came about because Anne likes to have our Siamese cat Sporty dig his claws into her but it got too much, which woke us up. Shit happens.

Earlier this week I got my medical benefits appeal form and I've got to go through even more hoops and more of the same to get any extended benefits for my teeth and diabetes supplies then before. As for getting my dentures I'm about as far away from that as I am for my computer upgrade. If I put my name on the UA dental program waiting list, in about a year I can get students to work on my teeth for free. Most likely pcn will say something like, if you wan t to continue getting free insulin, you need to go through these steps other wise we wont be able to continue funding you. I think my Doctor might have  something to say about this. It's not all bad news. or is it? Read on:   

So much tenure at Pizza 73. The pay wasn't that great even less then my current job. I really wanted to keep this job but they wanted 85% on a test of 84 questions. The first time I did this Thursday I got about 30% of it. They put me next to some lady named pat. She said if I have any questions just ask. I got moved a couple of times because the station wasn't cooperating with me. Then last night I got about 65% and the supervisor encouraged me to try again. It was about 9:45pm and I was working away then that Pat lady cam up to me and had a chat and then asked me into some office and fired me. Then she wanted to shake hands with me. I wasn't in the mood and she never hired me. I wasn't feeling very good on the way home. All this while yesterday I was emailing my boss saying how I wouldn't be in for Wednesday and Friday. Now I'm back for Friday again and more shifts next week. In other words, I'm back to square 1. I'm a long way away from getting my pc upgrade now. This is 3 jobs I lost within the last 5 months. I'm 23 months away from applying for my pension. So now what? I'm not unemployed or anything but I've got just enough hours to make my bottom line.

In one week I lost an appeal (may as well have.) to get medical benefits and a job that was steady and held a lot of promise. I'm not having a good week. Did I mention I'm just 23 months away from applying for my pension? Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment