Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunny Sunday is a good title

for this post this morning. Were going to be in for some nicer weather this week.

Edmonton transit service otherwise known as ETS, is shutting down LRT service today. They (ETS/ets) recently installed new signaling on all their cars as they are testing the new signaling system across the line all day. They usually do this about once a month on a Sunday as ets is trying to bring the new Metro extension online. They have replacement buses at Clareview, which run about every 10 minutes. Its a minor inconvenience but they had signs posted everywhere all week.

I worked Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (new job) Friday off for lodge, 7 hours yesterday and 4 hours at the new job. I've been busy all week and what with lodge Friday night and learning the new system at the new job, its been busy. Plus I'm in for 6 hours today (I get a half hour break) The worst of all of this is both jobs pay periods end on the same day. My 2nd job yesterday gave me a plastic pass key to get into the building after hours as the Canadian Western bank building shuts it's doors at 6pm on a Saturday. They also charge me a $20 deposit fee on it off my first cheque. This month is going to be challenging to say the least. 

On my cfl proline ticket I have Al's/Esks, Edmonton to win. That's 1 game. Then yesterday, Winnipeg/BC BC to win. That one came in yesterday. That's 2 out of 3. The long shot is a "Tie" Riders/Hamilton. On my NFL ticket, I have Seattle/SD, Seattle to win, NY/GB Green Bay to win, and the Riders game to make parley. The only thing is I have no way to check in on the games because unlike the other job,at this one I can't gain Internet access. If Hamid is there, he usually checks for me a couple of times in the shift. Sometimes I can get access from the hotel across the street. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment