Tuesday, September 9, 2014

My interview downtown turned out

good so that's a positive sign. I basically got hired on the spot. I've now got 2 jobs, one is inbound calling the other outbound. No selling at either job. I start Thursday from 6-1 and I go from 6-1am Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. They are flexible as far as taking that 2nd Friday night off. The other job is from Sunday noon-8pm and Monday 5-9. I'll have Tuesday's off. That's good because it gives me a chance to get out for Doctors appointments, errands, shopping etc. It's also good because when Commercial has lodge on the 3rd Saturday, my Saturday lodge from 1pm to about 4pm is a block South from my lodge to my 2nd job. It also is good because I can have about an hour to get a bite to eat there and take part in the festive board a bit before I go to work. Both jobs combined help me to meet my obligations and a bit something for me.   
The other thing, last night (I knew it was coming) our DDGM sent me a pdf checklist of a bunch of things he was looking for. It's got something like 24 points to cover but the secretary is out looking for that end. We have some leeway but not much. I'll be so relieved when this is all over with. Just 4 months to go. 

The other good thing about the new job is I have internet access. When calls are slow or on a break, I can take a peek at the Sports scores and check on my email etc.

In a couple of hours I'm heading out of here for my evening job. If everything works out ok, Wednesday night I'll put in my availability at the other job for Sunday and Monday. Saturday is problematic because I'll be at the one job 10-6 and the other job 6-1pm. I'll ask Thursday if I can come in at 7pm because I screwed up my scheduling. It still means a 16 hour day for me. Or I can ask at t he 10am job to leave a half hour early, uggh. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment