Saturday, August 13, 2011

About 5:45am or so I had trouble sleeping

and after tossing and turning around in bed for half an hour or so I decided half an hour ago to get up fix a coffee and maybe read for a bit. I got Boots here sleeping peacefully and I'm only in for 4 hours today. After 36 hours, I'm played out. I've got a week off and cash to get the Visa card Monday so I can order Music Maker 17 and Rock edition #4 so I can make some rock n' roll music.

Up until when our office moves October 1st, this job used to be fun. It still is (for now) and I'll hang around a bit longer to see if its still fun. When the job stops becoming fun is the day I say "its time for something else. It's time to move on."

There's a lot of speculation going on. I heard the office is going to be one big room with a lunch room, bathrooms and the boss's office. The other rumor I heard is our stations will be shaped in the size of rings within rings with the first inner ring for business and we'll have our own little cubby holes. Basically isolated from everyone. There will be ceiling cameras everywhere to catch people breaking rules, like having cell phones and pens out or food at their stations. Our Supervisor kind of laxes those things now because coming October 1st, we wont have that luxury. I don't know even if we'll be allowed to read at our stations. Why I don't know why the company just doesn't put up a recording. "To speak with a representative press 1."

I don't know if I'll have funds for "Rock edition #4" this week as I want to go see Captain America on cheep Tuesday movie night. Normally I'd be working on a Tuesday night but I can always sub a Monday for a Tuesday.

Anyway, its 4 hours for today, then over to Audrey's and get a couple books and then home. No Tim's breakfast today, Anne's made me a bowl of cereal and I have a couple of sandwiches here and I'll bring my own coffee. Anyway, that's all for now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment