Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back in

1977 I had returned from a 5 month working experience in Calgary still waiting for my unemployment and living at the Anderson house in New Westminster BC. It was a shared accommodation type environment. There were 3 milestones within those 5 months. I discovered the music of The Clash, Then on the heels of that, Star Wars. And not that I was a fan or anything but I recall August 16th 1977 the day it was announced that Elvis died. I was lounging around a swimming pool on that Tuesday afternoon over at a gaming colleague's place in the North Shore of Vancouver. My gaming colleague was a teenager and we were both into SPI wargaming. Wargaming opponents were hard to come byin the 1970's. I had time on my hands that summer and his parents were ready to fire up the BBQ. We were going to play a "Monster" SPI game Wellington's Victory" and having a break durring setting up the game. That's when I heard on the radio by the pool about the death of Elvis. I don't even recall the teens name now 34 years latter. I was just 24 years old at that time. But when I got home latter that day I turned on my TV and was soaking in the event of Elvis death on that historic day. Hard to believe how the years have gone by. Three years latter was the death of John Lennon in 1980.

I'm beginning to feel a bit better today. I've got my voice back, sort of. Dan from the Lodge contacted me by email yesterday and I'm meeting him at Southgate (easier for him) Sunday morning about 9:30am. I guess we need to be there 10am as we'll be there until 5pm. I'll be home by about 6pm. I'm sending Anne to the "Olive Garden." This is going to be a busy but fun weekend.

Even though its a Bi-week in the CFL I think there could be a pre season NFL game on I can add to make at least a min of 3 games. I'm not big on the NFL

When I'm at the office picking up my check Friday I've got to first go to my Scotia bank cash that and some b-day money and back to the pharmacy to cash in my Pro-line winnings from last weekend. Then get the Visa gift card and head home.

Last night on Coast they had a great show on ancient cycles. its amazing how sophisticated the ancients were especially building Stonehenge. All those stones had a positive negative charge to them facing in opposite directions. Negative facing positive, that type of thing in a circle of 66 stones. Amazing. All in all Coast was a great show last night. Loved it. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment