Saturday, August 6, 2011

Signs were posted all week about a disruption in

LRT transit service for the weekend. I tried calling Anne yesterday at 2:30pm and got no response. So after I got off work and went to my bank and got the train the intercom at Stadium came on saying that Coliseum station was out of service and contingency buses were set up. So I got off at Stadium thinking the train would be going back to Century Park. The bus went all the way to Coliseum (Rexal) station and to Belvedere station. The trains were running (or so I thought ) from Belvedere station to Clairview. Despite the train from Clairview pulling into Belvedere station where I was waiting, I figured that train even though it said Century park would probably go back to Clairview. I got on the train and it continued on South to Century park. WTF? Then I realized "wait now," Just because trains are not stopping at Coliseum station doesn't mean they are not going through. I only realized this while I was on the bus doubling back to Coliseum station. I finally got to Belvedere station (again) around 10:30pm and after a 10 minute wait reading my Star Wars book sure enough the train "Clairview station" pulled into Belvedere station.

I got on it and when I pulled into Clairview I immediately got to a phone and I called Anne. She was all worried thinking the worst, ready to call hospitals etc. She was really relieved when I called and we agreed to meet at Superstore. I handed her $50 and she bought us a deli pizza. It was so hot and humid out there I was sweating like a pig and even the shower I had when I got home didn't help much. Anne cooked the pizza and I enjoyed that as we watched the news for the Riders/BC game. I was elated when BC won. one more to go.

Anyway, I'm going to negotiate leaving at 2:30 this afternoon and still get my check for Friday night. Other wise I'm at the office until 4:30 this afternoon.

We're getting some distant rumblings out there. It's overcast this morning and rain is in the forecast. Not a good scenario for the 31st edition of the Edmonton Folk fest. I remember exactly when the first one was, Friday June 6th 1980. Its now in Gallagher park but back then it was by the gully on East Jasper Ave. Anyway, that's about all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment