Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My cold is causing me some grief

on this my week off but I'd rather have it now then when I'm on the job affecting my performance.

Though I am feeling better even though my voice is rough and scrappy.

I wonder if this blog will even exist in say 100 years from now. I often wonder what this world will look like. Not the world at large but just my little corner of it. What I see every day. This building is already close to 50 years old so in another 25/50 years this building will have a date with the wrecking ball. What will be here in it's place? Most likely a newer apartment building reflecting the design and needs of our time. The owner of this building is an old man and when he goes his kids will take it over. His grandchildren are (if he has any) probably will take it over. He might have a clause in his estate something to the affect that they will only get money if they have Capital Place. Something like a newer version of Capital, which probably would cost around half a $B in a 100 years from now. A 2 bedroom suit would probably cost around $5,000/month. Minimum wage will be around $45/hour. Assuming even if the economy will be based on the dollar. More then likely people will be driving around in "Smart cars." Meaning no biodiesel, everything will be electric. There are prototypes that the Big 3 are beginning to introduce even now. Before I pass away (72? Which is in another 13 years from now) there will be electric cars on the road. More then likely everything here will be the same except more modern. People might have computers embedded in their brains with a portal on the brain stem of the neck so they have Internet access wherever they go but people will still need a place to sleep and food to eat. As long as Google will be up and running so will this blog and Google Earth, as long as these 2 things will be around so will my Blog and my writing and music. I may be long gone but there will be a part of me that will still carry on into the future.

The thing that makes me realize there won't be a lot of cosmetic changes made around here. 35 years ago, other then to the land just North of us across the street was empty from 50th street up to Victoria trail is now. Even those new apartments behind Superstore didn't go up until about 2007. This area will most likely be as it is 50 years from now with the idea Capital place will be up for a building renewal.

As far as planets in other solar systems go, I don't know anything about that. I can speculate though that the star system known as Alpha Centauri (4.5 light years away from Earth) has a yellow Sun similar to our own. Its possible there is a civilization there similar to our own. There may be other star systems out there that are like those above, hard to say. I hope though that science will be able to find away where we might be able to discover such a thing. Physics is our best hope if we're not taken over by the Taliban or crap like that.

I got a birthday card in the mail from Donna (Anne's sister in Winnipeg.) Very nice of her and so was the gift in the card. Donna thinks more about me then even my own family does. So tonight I've got to call Dan about Fort Edmonton Park and our volunteer time there this Sunday (My birthday) I'm sending Anne to Olive Garden restaurant, she'll like that and I'm going to get Music Maker 17 and Rock edition 4 on Friday. Hopefully I'll feel a lot better by then. Also, Saturday afternoon (Still a bi week for the CFL) I'm going to go out for drinks with the guys. I want to go to Audrey's first get my book and 2 free books then have a couple of drinks and out of there by 6pm home by 7pm fool around with MM 17 get my call from Anne and then get ready for Fort Edmonton Park and get the details about our Lodge BBQ. I'll have Monday off before I go back to work a week from now. The other good thing about this, is I'm going to be able to afford Melodyne editor in September. Anyway, that's all for now. 

1 comment:

  1. Its giving useful thinks to child generation.Thanks to publishing this article.

    Baby Care Tips

    ReplyDelete