Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My quest to find a

way to convert Mp3’s to WAV files has been solved, thanks to a YouTube video and my Itunes account. This way I can take some of my old favourites and convert them into a WAV format that FL Studio’s sampler can load and edit. I’m next looking for a solution that can turn midi files into a musical score. Thanks to YouTube, I found “Notation Musician” and its only $22 bucks. So this means I can get sheet music for all of the songs I like and I can get the piano leads as the skeleton frame for my versions of all my old favourites. Cool.


Coast has a great show this morning on Space news with Richard C. I‘ll be listening in for an hour or so. Last night they were talking about the Cash-Landrum UFO case that took place in 1980. This week on Coast has some decent topics.

This weekend I’m shopping for new Apple headphones. I want the ones that have the mic already on them but all of Apple’s Itouch/pads/phones have built in mics but they want almost $100for them. When I tried on V’s pair at work Saturday the sound blew me away. I had the track on my Itouch full and just with only one ear bud in my ear the music was blaring. I can bring the volume to about half and the sound would still be full. I don’t like the price though. I’m thinking over the labour day weekend this weekend Future shop will have their annual labour day weekend sale and I’ll wait until then. If they reduce the price to something like $70, then I’ll get them, otherwise, I’m looking at saving 2 weeks for $100 to get them.

An interesting storey today on the news as they were talking about how most Canadians feel they won’t be debt free by the time they turn 55. That old buzz phrase “Freedom 55” thing. As for me I’m pretty well debt free. I don’t have a student loan. I don’t have a car loan or a bank loan. I don’t have a mortgage or refinanced a mortgage, I don’t have kids to put through college. I’m debt free. I’m also poor by Canadian standards. But without going into details, I have more disposable cash to put aside for my toys and what not then most people. Of course, I couldn’t do this if I wasn’t married. All my money would have to go towards rent and food with very little left over. I couldn’t buy books and programs like this if I was on my own that’s for sure. I’d be lucky if I could maintain my cable and Internet connection.

Monday night Raw was really lame last night. So much so, that I’m considering going on a Raw hiatus for a year or two. It was very boring. On a scale from 1-10, I’d rate it a 5. I’ll tune in next Monday but if the show is about the same, forget it. I like the concept of the Raw “Super show” where some of Smackdown’s roster are on and some of Raw\s roster will be on Smackdown’s “Super show.” We’ll see how it goes.

Finally in closing I’ve got a full 8 hour day ahead of me here today. The only break I get in the week is Lodge night Thursday. Anyway that’s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment