Monday, August 29, 2011

I'm having

fun with my FL Studio X Signature bundle. Looptalk responses were saying that all Signature bundle means is you get a few more plugins but basically FL Studio 10 “Producer” is the “highest” you can go with FL Studio. My product contains only a few plugins but I could have gone with just “Producer” and I could have saved over a $100 bucks just getting “Producer.” L&M also has Loop for $99. It doesn’t give much of an explanation.

The other thing I did this morning was to configure Movie Maker 7. I put together a instrumental song in FL studio export it to the desktop and opened mm7. I put a photo of Sporty and Silky and a title and added the music and everything synced perfectly. I need something like what Windows media player has or even Real player that has multi color animation patterns that pulse to themusic. Anyway I put together a little 9 second video. It’s not much just some noise. But at least It works.

Next weekend is the labour day weekend and I’m taking Sunday and Monday off. I was told that as long as one works either the Saturday or the Sunday, I’d get paid on the Friday night. I need to confirm that with the boss though. Because it’s a Lodge night, I’m going to only get 34 hours instead of my usual 36. 38 now that they have the extra extended shift. This week I’ll have 34 hours. I should have worked yesterday because of me missing Thursday but I wouldn’t have much of a weekend. So for the next 2 weeks I’m only going to have 34 hour checks.

I kind of did a stupid thing Saturday. I brought my insulin with me after I came back from buying my FL Studio. I bought my breakfast at Tim’s about 11am and went to use the pay phone at Corona station. I called the office and asked Dan if he and the Doctor wanted anything. I got them an order and carried to the office. in the office I realized, “don’t forget about V and the novelin pen. When he saw me taking insulin he asked about it because his father in India is diabetic as well. So, I said I knew I had a spare one at home, he could have the one I was currently using. Fast forward Saturday night, I checked on the pen ready to take a shot and somebody (when I had the pen in the business room fridge) had broken the plunger part of the pen rendering it useless. Uh-oh. Now I had to make up a story to Anne what had happened to the pen. She forewarned me that we night have to get a prescription, which meant waiting in medi clinic for several hours. I called Walmart pharmacy Sunday afternoon when they opened at 1pm and they said no prescription necessary. I asked if I could get two pens. No problem. Anne had to go to Walmart anyway and she picked them up for me. My camera batteries are being charged up today so I can’t make any more movies for awhile.

That movie maker 7 is a really slick piece of software. I‘ve had it before but it didn’t work very well for me. I like how once the user has a finished it’s a one step process to upload directly to ones YouTube channel.

In a way I‘m kind of disappointed with FL Studio Signature Bundle. I didn’t know that all the features I wanted from it were demos. The unregistered version of FL Studio 9 I had earlier was a lot better as the software I had like Gross Beat and Toxic were full versions and not demos. My version has Sytrus which is a full version, which itself has almost 500 presets in its own. Plus there‘s a lot of other tools and stuff I can use. My project today is to get my midi controller up and running. So that‘s about all today.

No comments:

Post a Comment