Sunday, August 21, 2011

I barely caught my

I barely caught my#183 bus that pulled in about 50 feet away from me. Despite it being an early Sunday morning there were a lot of people on the train into Corona station. I bought a regular size coffee breakfast egg sandwich, sausage. I had a brief wait for Dan as he pulled into the Kiss/park area. If you Google earth Southgate, you’ll see what looks like to McDonnell’s clown feet. Across from that is the “Kiss/drop zone” as its called. Dan picked me up right on time We were a little early as Fort Edmonton Park opens at 10:30am on Sundays.
This marker is one of first things visitors encounter when they arrive. There‘s a lot to see and do there at fort Edmonton Park. A day pass is $15.00, which isn‘t too bad. It took about an hour before our first guests arrived. I had a good time. Dan and I played a lot of crib. He won about 80% of the games. He drinks a lot of tea.
I think we had about 25 visitors for the day. We’re competing with the last days of the Fringe and I think it got +30 Anne was saying earlier. She decided against going to “Olive Garden” but instead opted for going to Rose Bowl to get us a birthday Jim Pizza. Her plan was to time it so if I’d be off at 5pm and home by about 6pm. Dan wanted to stay until 6pm so I was scrambling to find another way home. He had his wife call ETS “Trip planner” to find out any ETS bus arrives, but I was able to (and this is by pure chance) able to call Rose Bowl and reached Anne by my cell phone and explained how we’re going to be there until 6pm so I should be home just after 7pm.
So we locked things up about 5:55pm, handed in the Lodge keys and made way to the car. Anne called and I gave her an update and said to Dan, I’d see him in 2 weeks September 1st.That Thursday is our first regular meeting. My Clairview train pulled into Southgate as I had Anne on the phone all the way University station. I forgot to pay my fare and was on edge the whole way through, ready to bolt out the doors if the ticket police came on board. Heading underground I lost Anne’s signal. I walked home as it was clouding up out there but very warm. I was sweating like a pig when I got home but the pizza was good if not a little dried out this time. In this photo we're on our way out of Fort Edmonton park. Anyway, I had a great time.
Dan and I were talking as well about some aspects of Masonry I didn’t know. Most guys in a York rite lodge like me, decide that if they want to go on in the York rite and join the Royal Arch they must admit to have a belief in Jesus Christ as they’re Lord and saviour, that he died on the cross for our sins. In other words one must be a Christian. Most York rite Masons decide that if they want to move on in the craft, they go via the Royal Arch. Now I don’t have a problem with the above. But I can right now if I want, continue on for the next series of degrees in the Scottish Rite and that’s what I’m going to do this year. September 17th I’ll be having the Saturday/Sunday off. Pictures coming, Anyway, that’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment