Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Great day yesterday

Now that the election is over with we can get on with the order of business.

Also at Future Shop (FS) yesterday the guy that took me to the check out we passed by all the Itunes cards etc and I mentioned my experience with the card the other day. The clerk pealed one off and preserved the numbers and I thought, maybe I should just buy the card but he folded it rendering it null and void to his colleague girl at the till because apparently it’s not in the system. Maybe I got a bad batch of them.

Today, I‘m calling Apple and ask how I can get my Itunes gift card redeemed with just partial numbers so I can get some apps from the app store. I want to get Garageband and iSequence and a game called “Swordigo” 


 and it’s only $2 from the app store. I’ve been looking at some of the books I have on my shelf and some of them are offered in iBooks, which is pretty good. Now that I have internet up on my iPad 3, this will be my go to gaming, reading on the go Internet device. Cubase 6 and FL Studio are my music production platforms. I think I need 2 weeks off

It was a good day Monday, the weather was warm, I got my headphones and info on the Itunes cards and also, the clerk said all I have to do is to call up Apple and give them as much of the number on the card as I have and they will redeem the card for me.

Also, I went out to vote about 5pm and the candidate in my riding Clareview riding wasn‘t elected. The results of the election were like this: PC-59, WR-19, NDP-4, LIB 4, Even though I worked behind the scenes doing fundraising for WR, I thought long and hard about it and over the last few days and I came to the realization that PC Alberta has always done ok by me over the last 34 years, which is why I decided to vote PC instead of Wild Roes. WR is too far right for me.

Now I‘ve got Inter net on my Ipad but I don’t know how to pay my bill which is $35/month but most likely I can pay it at a local Telus kiosk. There‘s one in Edmonton Centre and I‘m sure I can pay it there. I‘ll try it for a few months to see if it‘s something I‘ll be using for awhile.

Anne made me one of  her home made cheese burgers and fries. I‘ve got a cold beer in the fridge and when I‘m ready for bed, I‘ll be able to sleep easier.

On Wednesday Coast’s topics will be: Restoring U.S./ Illuminati. Should be a good show.

I‘ve had a small bit of a psoriasis on my leg which has spread due to  me scratching the affected area on my left leg. I think had this before I was diagnosed with diabetes and it‘s only on one leg but I have had psoriasis on my scalp before. I know I’m over weight but not by much. I weigh last time I checked about 236 lbs in weight with me being 5‘ 11“ and according to a height weight chart I‘m 42, which means I‘m about 95 pounds over weight. Most of this weight is in my belly. I came across this news item about tummy tucks and how it can actually cure diabetes in some cases because the stomach can only after the tuck less food intake means less weight. My problem is I like this diet cola too much the other thing is the operation might not be covered by Alberta health care or maybe it might be covered Alberta Works benefits along with my dental. But I‘m not fat in the arms or in the legs or back or anything, only in the belly. If I can get it done or even save up for it, maybe it‘s something I might want to do in a year or two. Something to look into.

Ottawa Senators last night had a chance to put away the New York Ranges but the Rangers got a couple of lucky breaks by the officiating. The Sens made it exciting near the end but the NHL was embarrassed the other day when LA defeated Vancouver and the last thing the NHL doesn’t want is a repeat of the LA/Vancouver game in the Eastern Conference. Some of the plays called against the Sens by the officials were really soft. Ottawa can‘t win, this is why no Canadian NHL team will ever win the Stanley Cup, not under Gary Bettman’s watch. I‘d bet a $100 on Thursday‘s game 7 that the Rangers will win the game. Easy money for me. But when the Sens lose Thursday I‘ll be pulling for the Rangers because of Glen Sather and Mark Messier‘s involvement. Anyway, that’s about all I have for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment