Saturday, April 21, 2012

At the moment I’m ripping

 a Alan Parsons disk I have of 18 tracks. I went and ripped about 600 songs last night, mostly classic rock. I’m using a program called Free CD Ripper 3.1 and it’s awesome. Doesn’t do much for the music I have as compressed files but Windows Xp does a good job at getting those files as well. What I’m going to do with this music is to not just tag it but organize the songs and more importantly back them up.

Finally, after 4 months I’m getting some bonus money but it was nice to get that large amount, about 1/3rd of my normal weekly cheque. This means I can get the Robert J Sawyer hard cover and get a $25 ITunes gift card and still have enough for another 2 iTunes gift cards if I need them.

So when Anne came home she was surprised to see another $25 added onto the amount I give her every week to help pay the bills. So this morning I’m out of here at 9am and to for some Tim’s breakfast. Some of the guys go eat at Albert’s near the old office in the Baker Centre. I’m going to Tim’s and get my usual breakfast on a Saturday morning. After my holidays, I’m going to take every other Saturday off so I’m at least there full time to get my 37.5 hours. 
  
After work today a bunch of us are heading over to 1905. It’s a very snazzy popular pub/bar. It used to be the “7 Seas” in the 1970’s and like BP’s its just across the street. So I’m going in for a pint and check out their menu.

The other place that just opened up around here is Cora it’s breakfast/lunch menu. It used to be in the old Rogers store. I’d like to check it out one of these days, maybe after work next week. 

Last night Nashville ended up taking out Detroit in an elimination game. There wont be any hockey this afternoon and the Canucks wont be hosting LA until tomorrow. Anyways that’s all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment