Friday, April 13, 2012

Yesterday was my

best day ever at the new office and more the I would have hoped for. I ended up with just under $800 and all of it on card! it felt kind of special in a way because of the provincial leaders debate. I had good energy, best day I ever had in the new office. 
 
I got home to check on the leadership debate and who won. Wildrose came in a close second. This campaign kind of reminds me of when I did the ACT Telerama in 1988 where everything we did on the phones was leading up to the Telethon. I get that sense when I do a ticket campaign leading up to say Old Timer Hockey.

Today I've got another full day and I'm waiting for my tax return so I can get the new Ipad2. Another 3 weeks and I'll have enough but I'm thinking about getting the 3G so I can receive Internet and make phone calls but that's only for the 64Gb version, we'll see. The longer it takes for the return to get here the closer I am to getting the 64Gb version.
 
Tuesday marked the 50th anniversary of Russian Cosmonaught Yuri Gagarian's historic voyage into space. I was 9 years old when this happened and barely even aware of its importance, amazing how far we've come and how far we haven't.

So today it's in for 7.5 hours tonight and then off to my bank get my banking done then home to catch what's left of the LA/Vancouver game. I think LA is going to upset Vancouver especially if they fail to win tomorrow, anyway, that's all for now.

10:55am I had a good 6 hours of sleep over night and I feel pretty good even though it looks like a rain and snow mix out there for my morning commute.

When I buy my New I pad 2 I’m getting a couple of accessories: Airport connection kit and the memory card reader and the headphones/mic set up. I got a charger already but the airport connection kit has a usb slot in it. I can hook it up to my Itouch as well. Also when I get my Ipad I’m going to see if they can set me up with my game centre not only on the Ipad but on my Itouch as well.

Construction on the North LRT line is going well. It should be open 2 years from now in 2014. I think just when they are within a year possibly 6 months from completion of the NLRT they're going to start the WLRT. Usually the city likes to launch opening day of any new line in April. In 2010 the City completed the Century Park line. I recall how me and a work colleague took the train opening day to Century park. Lots of twists and turns on that line. It's not like from Clareview to the University, all more or less a straight line. 


Speaking about the South Side and all, I suggested to Anne i take her out for a "Rickies" breakfast Sunday but she said she'd be just as happy to go for a Royal Pizza Pizza. With the pop and everything, it should cost us $30 each. I might have room in there to get RJS's book as well. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment