Thursday, April 5, 2012

I was in bed by 2:30am this morning

 and woke up about 7:40am this morning. The fan was off. My clock was blank. I went to the bathroom. Oh, power got shut off. Big snow outside, oh. I tried waking Anne up and she was pissed off. I tried to go back to sleep as I was thinking, oh great. What a way to start a long weekend, is Lodge going to be canceled tonight? Anne wants me to call her on my 2:30pm break this afternoon to tell me how much money I need to deposit in her account, how am I going to do this now if this keeps up all day? What a way to begin a long weekend. I‘m glad though the power was restored.

I‘m putting in a 4 hour shift today and my boss knows this. I‘ll get my check on my way out at 4:30pm, struggle my way in the snow to my bus stop to run up to my bank deposit what I need from Anne‘s phone call at 2pm and take out my portion, and head home, have a bite to eat and shower and shave and change into my suit and gather my stuff for the festive board etc and head down to pay our April rent as Neil is outside waiting for me and out to Lodge. We have no balloting, no conferring of degrees, its just opening our usual business, and then closing and then festive board. I’ll be checking in the Oiler’s last home game of the season. Finally a dismal season over and done with. I‘m taking a can of beer to take home and that‘s for tonight and I‘m up for a bit, pass out and enjoy our Good Friday day off. That‘s my activity for today and most of tomorrow.

Last night on Coast was another soft show about “remote viewing.” This has to be one of the most boring topics in all of parapsychology. That and “Bigfoot.” Two topics that has this listener tuning out rather then tuning in.

I’m still researching digital Marvel comics. I have time to read on my commute and breaks and a bit in the morning. I’d get a Ipad just for that reason alone. My favorite Marvels are: The Avengers, Fantastic four, Iron Man, Spiderman, The Defenders, Daredevil and Captain America, Fantastic Four #1 is available and almost all of them up to date are available as download. I‘m considering this summer saving up for the 64 Gb New Ipad. Future shop has them retail at $800 (after the protective cover and 4 G network. Oh and it has “Garage band built in.”), anyway that‘s about all from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment