Monday, April 30, 2012

The only

Difficulty with composing a blog post on my I pad is Blogger won't let me change the font in this version. They have a mobile version for tabs and phones.
After the late news last night about Midnight, Anne and I rented Mission Impossible 4 "Ghost Protocol." This isn't a movie review or anything but on a scale from 1-10 I'd rate the movie a solid 10. The only thing I didn't like about the movie was the primer scenes at the beginning but other then that minor annoyance, yeah a solid 10/10. I got the feeling though I was watching a James Bond movie more then a MI movie. I saw some great movies last year. Ghost protocol was out December 16th and costs $145M to make but its return at the box office was $693M! That doesn't include DVD or video on demand sales. In watching the movie I was fascinated by the Burj Duba tower where one of the major scenes in the movie took place. The building is the tallest man made structure ever built built in 2004 and opened 2009 at a cost of $1.5 billion. The movie itself did nearly half of that in sales. Crazy.


If the space elevator ever gets built then that will obviously be the tallest man made structure in the world. Yet that won't happen in my lifetime. Or if it does, I'll probably be on my death bed when they announce plans to build it. 


Anne talked me into another day. I go from Tuesday through Saturday anyway and Monday is my natural day off and I said to J I'd try and be in for Monday but don't expect me in until Tuesday. I hinted at Monday because I have lodge night Thursday but I'm half a day on Thursday. Next week I'll have my Monday-Friday and a couple of Saturdays off.


I got a bug of some kind in my desktop causing my browser to lockup on me. It's nothing Telus is doing and its not a big deal so I'm going to have to go in and have it serviced get Vinny to take a look at it. 


This evening Anne is going to be making the chili for the festive board and I'm calling Dan to see if we got enough beer. Anne is getting the chili ingredients later this afternoon after a bottle run. She suggested getting some taco shells and sour creme and cheese to sprinkle on top. She's also going to look at getting another crock pot as they're selling them at Exes Cargo for under $20 and they have disposable soup bowls across the street for a buck at the Dollarrama (15per package.) I've also got to call Neil and see if he can pick me up for Thursday all I need is buns possibly donuts for desert. So the last thing we're going to need is the donuts for on the way back. I can get 3 boxes of assorted for $10 bucks. The good news for me is the JW fund will  reimburse me for what I spend out of pocket. I gave Anne $25 for the chili fixings and the bowls are a buck buns are about $3. If Dan says I have to get extra beer, then I'm SOL because I won't have that amount of cash on me. .    


The good news in this chair is I have only 5 more months to go (the Lodge shuts down in July & August) but there's our participation at Fort Edmonton park, which I've been attending over the last couple of years and the Lodge BBQ in  August. I'll be glad when it's over but the real test is who's going to do this in next year and my year and my IPM year? There's a lot of un answered questions. 


Tonight though I'm home, watching hockey and wrestling and making a few phone calls. It's a good thing I didn't go in for this evening. Anyway, that's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment