Sunday, April 8, 2012

Saturday began ok

I had my breakfast at Tim's to take out and I had that in the office and ready to take on the day. It being Easter weekend the calls (for me at least) were coming in slow. Right off the bat my colleague beside me got a $400 sale on card. I got a $200 sale just before lunch but not on card. I got a lot of "not home's" and answering machines. I did ok but my colleague beside ended up getting all the calls. I sat there sometimes 5 minutes without a call. I ended up with $250 ($50) on card. I had a long afternoon and began talking with the customer. One call lasted almost half an hour! They don't like you doing that but the day would have dragged on for me otherwise. I was sure glad to get out of there with what I had Suffice to say I left with a sigh of relief. I thought about going out for a bite to eat somewhere but all I had brought with me was (after breakfast) about $5. I figured, I might as well just go straight home and maybe have a nap. i think I got home about 5:15pm and Anne had left me with a can of soup and I had buns. No need to go out. 

I had a nap and got up to my wife's phone call and began to watch the Oiler's/Vancouver game. They're last game of the 2011-12 season. They played ok during the 1st. They got their 1st goal at the 15.min mark and it was on the power play. It looked like a cheesy goal because it hit underneath the crossbar and fell onto the blue paint. They went from there. The officiating wasn't bad except for the Canucks "1st goal." I thought Dubnyk played pretty good. That double minor by RNH was a selfish penalty that cost us 4 min and got them their 3rd goal but that was just inexperience on RNH's fault. Anyway, the 2011-12 season is over and done with. They did a bit better this year and improved their standings. Eberle getting 34 goals was fun to be a part of. Hall got 27 and would have got 27-35 if he wasn't pulled for the shoulder injury. Dubnyk out of 42 starts earned a record of 20-20-3. Khabibulin started in 40 games 12-20-7. That was the difference. If Khabibulin won even 50% of his games like Dubnyk we might not have been in the playoffs but we might have been around 9th, where Calgary is now. As log as Khabibulin (NK) is in our system (even our back up) we'll never get beyond where we are now. The good news is we have one more year with this guy. I wish we could put NK in the minors on a rotating basis for next season and bring up Bunz and let him play a couple of games. Anyway, the NHL Lottery draft begins on Tuesday, so we'll know who the Oiler's are going to draft. I'd make a trade with a couple of others for salary cap space and maybe a good D for the trade deadline in June. 

This week, $80 is going into my bank for my new laptop. I'm still looking at the end of the month for my new one probably about May 5th. 

Hehehe, there's a "funny" post in Above Top Secret that reads: "The Masons and Illuminati Team up to Rewrite the bible." Rev.22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. .refers to Revelations alone. Not to the rest of the books of the bible. And Christ didn't say it. John did. Silly ATS religious conspiracy people.

I thought I'd share this from SF Signal: Gardner Dozois has posted on his facebook page that he has just released his long out-of-print anthologies The Year’s Best Science Fiction, First Annual Collection and The Year’s Best Science Fiction, Second Annual Collection to the Amazon Kindle store. And you can get them for just under $7 each, which is a great deal. I have yet to get an ebook reader but I'm thinking about getting one on a tablet like the Samsung Galaxy Note, maybe this summer.

The only thing I don't like about my current laptop is the lack of hard drive space. Now that's not a bad thing. I've got about 236 Gb of hard drive space left and i really don't want to go through all the hassle of reinstalling everything. Komplete 8 is a 110 Gb library and I need about another 50Gb more then enough space to run everything else.

The more I look at it the more I'd like to have the New Ipad. it's great for reading my Marvel comics, for books. When one of the supervisors is verifying a sale, I can take my New Ipad and get an update on sports scores...more later. . 

No comments:

Post a Comment