Sunday, April 1, 2012

I’m seriously considering a

tattoo (because they’re popular these days and in a way its symbolic of ones toughness.) Anne said the only way she’d tolerate me getting a tattoo if it was like on my ass or in a place where she wouldn’t have to see it. Or if it had something to do with Pledges or Sparky. I’d like to get one on my right arm. If I decide to get one, it’d be a rose cross/armband around my right arm. It wouldn’t have the cross part of it just the rose part with Pledges and Sparky’s name and room for Silky and Sporty. In the center of the rose I’d like to have a number #93 which in occult circles would mean an abbreviation of “Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.” I’m thinking about having that on the first inside ring. “Love is the law love under will.” The size of the rose would be about the size of a Tim Horton’s small size coffee cup. The band around the rose would be a ring of leafs and thorns. Of course most Thelemites no what 93 means. But like I said, I’m considering it.

Currently underway on this snowy Spring like day today is the Edmonton collectible toy and comic show “Ectcs” at the Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe. They have John Lancie that played “Q” on Star Trek the next generation and Steve Sansweets and some comic book artists etc. They had a VIP pass offering which got you up close and personal with the guests for $125. The VIP pass allows a photo op with the guests and the photo to be personalized etc but general admission is only $15. John Lancie would be the only reason why I’d want to go this year and they have a tattoo artist there doing tattoos all afternoon. Probably reserved for their VIP pass holders. They need to make this thing a weekend event instead of 1 day. They also need a SFF author of some kind. Now if they had say, Julie E Czerneda, or even Mercedes Lackey, now that’s something I could get excited about. I‘d like to sneak out of here for an hour or two but it‘s going to conflict with my 5pm start for Wrestlemania. Besides, I‘d have to take the bus to the train and then find out how to get to the show, even though I have a vague idea where it is. It’s still a too much too soon kind of a thing. And I only as of today (ok I admit I’m no expert) I put the name John Lancie to the character “Q.” If I would have known this in January, I would have been all over this VIP thing. Next January, I’m going to pay closer attention to this. I’d like to see Pure Speculation have a VIP pass kind of a thing.

Speaking about books I’m still considering a massive book order (after I get my laptop) to Armchair fiction. I’m considering 10 books of their double book classic fiction line. But that won’t be until the summer sometime. .  

In about 2 hours I’ve got Wrestlemania 28 to look forward to this for tonight. Anne’s got a rack of baby back ribs. It’s going to be a fun night.

This week, it’s a short week because of Good Friday and I’m off tomorrow. I’ve also got half a day because of Lodge on Thursday. This week is going to be a short week hour wise but I’m thinking about going in for 4 hours Monday night to make up for missing Thursday night. Monday 4 hours, Tuesday 8 hours, Wednesday 8 hours, Thursday 4 hours, Friday off Saturday 6 hours. I’ll have 30 hours in the bank. It’s not the 37.5 I usually want but the stat pay will make up the difference for a full check. By working the 4 hours Monday sets me up for next week when I need to work the full Monday through Friday because I’m off next Saturday for “Ye old craft” and the Monday- Friday after that for Commercial Lodge.

I could use a new short sleeve white dress shirt so I think before work Monday, leave out of here at 3pm for Moores and get one to take on my way to work and home. I also want to keep at least $20 for the week as Thursday we get our checks and I want to run straight to my bank cash my check and then home to have a bite to eat and change and wait for Neil to pick me up. For the festive board this week, I’m going to ask Dan if he could pick up a couple of cans of Campbell’s chunky soup. Split pea/ham and chicken/potato kind of a thing and some buns. And of course his crock pot and Neil his crock pot. I’ve got 2 people each bringing a crock pot and 1 bringing buns. I’ve also got memory work to do for the upcoming EA degree at the end of the month, so I’m going to be busy. Anyway, that’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment