Friday, May 25, 2012

Not quite the end

of a long week but close enough.

The Feds went and made changes to the EI act again and made it harder for people to collect it and focusing on those that are unemployed to take any job they can. And that makes sense in a way but its harder for those that rely on foreign workers but I agree Canadians first.

The Edmonton Oil Kings lost last night to Shawinigan 6-1 blowing their Memorial Cup chances. Its a round robin tournament many believe should be a best of 7 like in the NHL. It least it gives teams a chance. The Oil Kings might not be around this way again but at least they were WHL Champions, which is good news. I like the Junior league. it's fun to watch these young men develop and many f them could be future Oiler's as well.

Coast's topic tonight: ET Artifacts & Tree/Dolphin Die-Offs. Investigative reporter Linda Moulton Howe will discuss ET artifacts & dragonfly drone technology, a dolphin die-off in Peru, and the crisis of trees dying all over the planet. Should be a good one.

On this day in Strangeness: It was on this day in 1543 that Polish astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus died. His heliocentric concept displaced Earth as the center of the universe, and served as the starting point for modern astronomy. Called a heretic by the Roman Catholic Church, Coper.

LOL! I was reading in i09 just now the etymology of the word "Fuck." It first occurred in a came from a satirical poem, written in Latin, in the year 1500. The line is referring to a group of friars, and runs like this: "Non sunt in coeli, quia gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk." Here's the link.

Yesterday I began getting a couple of my podcasts again. The 2 I really like are SF Signal and Starship Sofa, so I subscribed to both. I was also able to listen to Coast from 630 Ched on off of my iPad yesterday.

This also from i09: Russia Will Build a Permanent Moon Base We knew Russia had ambitious plans for interplanetary exploration, and on Tuesday, an announcement from the head of the country's space agency really drove that point home. Russia wants to go to the Moon; and they want to stay there. Here's another link.   
      
Anyway, I've got a full 7.5 hours ahead of me today but the best part is I'll get my paycheck even though because of their mix up, it's going to be a short one. Anyway, that's about all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment