Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A week with nothing pressing

 on the agenda. Just the way I like it. The only thing I have in fact this month is Commercial Lodge on next Saturday and after that “my calendar” is open.

With nothing pressing and no memory work ahead of me I can now relax and work on my music and a track. I got a percussion line going from a WAV file and after I figured out how to use buses and channels from my audio interface, it plays back my Wav files, which I’m told are the basic audio blocks in Cubase.

I’m also back on track with my reading as well as I’m back into reading Stardoc #1 but I’m not going to read the whole series in one go. I hope to finish this book this month. Next up maybe I’ll read a RJS novel.

This evening I was watching the Caps/NYR NHL game #5 and flipping back and fourth to watch wrestling. I didn’t miss much but I did see the “main event.”

On Coast tonight Amygdala/ Messages from the Dead Mon 05-07 In the first half, brain researcher Neil Slade will talk about his research into the amygdala, a part of the brain believed to cause increased creativity, intelligence, and paranormal ability. Not my area of interest but I’ll listen for a bit.

My wife was kind of hoping to see the weekends “Super moon” but then after it was explained on local news she realized the event was mostly hype and kind of a let down. Especially since we had partial cloud cover that night here in Edmonton.

I’ve got about $7 on my iTunes gift card and I’m considering some marvel comic books. I just downloaded the Marvel comic book app. I don’t know if this lets you read the comic books. Anyway, that’s about all for  now.
 
I’m about to do something I haven’t done since the 70’s, decades ago: Grow a beard. The trouble with me and beards is psoriasis and grooming. Beards itch, with most guys and they are hard for me to keep a decent shape. Nathan at the Lodge has a nice beard and it looks good on him. I know there are grooming kits for men out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment