Monday, May 28, 2012

Two days off is

more then enough. Theoretically I could go in for tonight for the 5-9 shift but I need 2 days off after a full week.

Earlier yesterday I was working on a track in Cubase. I was able to use Garageband and cut a couple of vocal tracks and they show up in vari audio just fine but I couldn’t figure where the metronome in Cubase was coming from. Then I realized I had it turned On in GB. I’ve also got to redo the Wav files because I missed a bit of a step.

The topic on Coast tonight is about how media is lying to the public. I think lying is a strong word here. I think its more not making available all the news that’s fit to print. For example I watch CTV news and they have out of a 1 hour broadcast their first hour is the National and International news. Then a half hour of local news. Local news they cover news, weather and sports. After commercials etc, there isn’t a lot of room to cover the more exotic stories. But Jim Marrs usually talks about conspiracy theories and that’s the angle he usually comes from. But if an alien space craft lands on the white house lawn and says, “take me to your leader.” You can bet that’s going to be front page news. But your not going to get X-files stuff on CTV, ABC or maybe Fox news or CNN.

Sigh, another controversial headline grabbing book out there. First it was Harry Potter for kids. Then recently it’s Hunger Games for teenagers. Now it’s 50 shades of Grey for women but its mostly about erotic fiction type of thing. What‘s with all of these books appealing to specific demographic markets lately?

Not much is going on this week. It‘s a full 37.5 work week ahead. I‘m trying to save up for the Komplete 8 package as LM has it for just under $600. I figure at $75/week, I should have it by about mid July.

The other day Matt Smith (Doctor Who) carried the Olympic torch for the Summer 2012 Olympic games. I’m not big on the Summer games but I do like the winter games because of the hockey. It was nice to see Smith though to carry the torch. Anyway, that’s all I have for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment