Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I went to bed about

3am when I fell asleep. I got about 6.5 hours but I was over tired as it was and set the alarm for 9:30am. I got up a bit earlier then that had put the kettle on the stove and had a shave and a shower and fed the cat and at the computer to make a blog post. 

On local news last night it was announced that our local newspaper The Edmonton Journal (1903) is no longer running a Sunday morning edition citing its not cost effective. I recall when I was delivering the Journal in 1981, we never had a Sunday paper. Most likely the Edmonton will follow in the Journal’s path and go no Sunday edition as well soon. 

The rail strike here in Canada is just about to wrap up with back to work legislation. Apparently the strike was costing Canada something like $5 billion/week. Trains going to Vancouver was costing about $250M/day. Union workers only represent about 3 million workers in the country anyway. 

Well, I got a full week ahead of me here. This morning I’ve got to go to my Scotia bank and make a deposit, just a slight detour. Telus apparently “sees” that I have set up a preauthorize billing arrangement for my flex plan for my iPad. My bill is just over $11 but that’s for May and June. Anyway, that’s about all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment