Wednesday, January 2, 2013

yesterday afternoon was

made to my residence via Fed-ex. Anne was able to call a local number and found that the item was a letter from my previous place of employment. Most likely my record of employment and letter of reference type thing. I'm going to be needing these next week when I'm out looking for work. Fed-ex told her they would try again this afternoon. So much for me heading out to Canada Place today. Also, tomorrow, I have Lodge to attend and Friday, it's to my bank and then I'll apply for my CPP

One of my go to sites for book research is Fantastic Fiction. I turned Audrey's onto it and they use it all the time. Maybe I should get a finders fee? :-)

 Next week, I'm off to various employment agencies to register for their services for things like preparing my resume`, which hasn't been updated in like over 12 years. Next week, I'll be going to the Provincial employment agency to register and then the Federal one. The Provincial employment agency, so I can take advantage of any career counseling.

Speaking of employment counseling and such since I lost my job with Army & Navy March 17 1989, I've been doing Telemarketing. God, I've been doing call centre work now for 24 years! My last one was the longest. I don't think I can do stockroom work any more but if I'm going to do any kind of call centre work in the immediate future, I'd rather it be a good paying one that won't take me an hour and a half trek across town to do every day. I might do it for $20/hour but not for $15. I live in Clareview for God sake. The trip out to 124th/118th, I'd have to get up at 6am every morning. That alone would kill me. I'd take the job only if I'm desperate. Right now I'm just a little antsy. Restless from being off for 3 weeks. Anne and I are not desperate. We're not there yet.. 

But I'd take a job at $12/hr in a call centre off of an LRT, then I would for $15 half way across town. Hell, I'd even work 5-9 at $12 living off my pension as mad money and my pay to cover my day to day bills and pick up a couple of shifts where my wife works as she suggested. So in the meantime I can take a bit of time off but I'm still going to look. I want something that meets the above requirements but that's for next week.

Switching gears. The NHLPA/League were talking yesterday. They gave the PA a couple of things and it seems they will be meeting again today. I got a gut feeling this time they'll make a major announcement. January 19th is the drop deadline to rescue what's left of the season. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment