Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Apparently the guy that won the

 $16M last Wednesday, in an interview yesterday, he said he was shocked when he discovered he won! He bought a quick pick at a 7-11. Usually large amounts like that are won by a group of people. It showed him and his girlfriend receiving the check. I wonder if she's worried he's going to take off on her. They aren't married or anything. If I was in her situation, I'd be worried as well. She probably isn't saying this out loud but I bet secretly inside she's thinking, "How much am I going to get of that?" There is assurance from the lottery corporation a husband and wife always splits the winnings, they always investigate things like this but what kind of assurance does the girlfriend get?

One of my previous co workers dropped me a face book private message saying staff at my previous place of employment are going to meet for a Saturday afternoon get together. I replied saying I’d be there and I will, to play catch-up and see what everyone is doing. I’m probably the only one of the gang not yet working. This colleague of mine, like me also likes the Star Wars novels. We’re huge Star War’s fans. 

Last night’s hockey game a Rexall place was the Edmonton Oiler’s 34th home opener. The Oiler’s received 2 soft penalties against them giving the Shark’s 2 quick goals. Yakapov got his first goal and after that the Sharks were the better team giving the Oiler’s a 6-1 shellacking after the first period! Yikes. Dubnyk, let in a few soft goals as well having a bad first start. He's usually better then that. After a goal tender change, N. Shultz got a goal in the 2nd and so did Hall. That was about it. Denis played a lot better then Dubnyk and shut the Sharks down. I enjoyed the game anyway despite the outcome. Thursday LA Kings come to town.


On the news earlier there was a story about the floundering film industry in Vancouver. Vancouver and the Province in general used to be the place to be for the film industry to produce movies. Vancouver used to be called Hollywood North. Lately though that's not the case. There's been lay offs film companies leaving etc the Province for other places. The Movie "Total recall" for example was shot in the Province of Ontario because Ontario gave film producers lots of tax breaks to work in that Province. Vancouver always thought the BC scenery alone would be enough incentive to keep the film industry alive in that Province. High provincial taxes basically chased the industry away finding a home in Ontario. 

We‘re going to have another Civic election coming up in October. I hope Mayor Mandal run‘s again. In all the 35 years I‘ve lived here in Edmonton, Mandel has been the best Mayor since Lawrence Decore. Mandel can run for a fourth term but any Mayor after this can only go for 3 terms. Anyway, that‘s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment