Monday, January 7, 2013

First person point of

view SF book series don't come along that often. I think I have 2 series in the 10 volume range. Stardoc is one of them. Very enjoyable. 

In the wee hours of Saturday night Sunday morning the NHL/PA have made a tentative deal ending a 113 day lockout. The owners now have to vote on the deal, which will be on Wednesday and maybe a short training camp, the Oiler's could be back on the ice by the 19th of January! the game is back.

One of the big stories for me that came out of 2012 last year was how Disney had purchased LucasFilm Limited George Lucas selling to Disney. Also the promise of 3 more Star Wars movies over the next couple of years. I just hope that Disney doesn't "dumb down" the movies and keeps to the original concept and spirit Lucas put fourth in the original 3 movies

WTF? JK Rawlings might do a Doctor Who story? At least that's the rumor going around over there at i09. It's not just Rawlings but other authors as well and apparently there will be a anthology when its all said and done. If it happens. 

In my wake up email, I got my Black Library newsletter and   
BL is releasing an ebundle of all of their 2012 Warhammer 40k short stories. Now this might be something worth getting. I'd rather the short story collection be in Trade paperback form but what the heck. For $32 or whatever, its a pretty good deal. Anyway, that's all for now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment