Friday, January 25, 2013

Wow, what a game last night!

The defending Stanley Cup champions, the LA Kings come to entertain the Edmonton Oiler's and wow,what a game. The Kings take advantage of a sloppy turnover at the offensive zone blue line and get a break-a-away. 1-0. We get a goal and a second or 2 later the on ice officiating says no goal. Rexall Place didn't like that decision. Then with 1:05 on the clock in the 3rd the Oiler's score again to tie but that was disallowed and the place went nuts. They fans were so angry I couldn't hear the Rexall Place announcer, they were throwing stuff on the ice in the ice in the time keepers box,everywhere. It's almost as if the refs were trying to do anything they could to give the winless LA Kings a Win at our expense. But in the dying seconds Yakapov scores to tie the game at 1 sending it into overtime. Unbelievable. In OT the Oiler's scored to win a very exciting hockey game that could have gone either way. Now if I was working the 1-9 shift I would have missed this exciting game. I wonder how many other games like this, I would have missed over the many years.

Just when Anne and I thought we did a good thing yesterday by finding the cat named "Markus" a home, Anne goes out to take out the trash in the wee hours as she does the last thing before bed type thing. "Markus is back." What? Are you sure? "Same features on the cat outside as the one we gave to the University student this morning." I don't think it is Markus because he would have gone right up to Anne but he backed away Anne said apparently. If that was Markus, he would have came up to Anne and would have been all over her. But if it is then the prospective owner probably didn't like the cat and drove around back and release him and took off like a hit and run driver. We were so desperate to find him a home. We can't keep him because we would have 3 groups of cats separated: Sporty & Sparky as one group and Boots as another and Markus. There's a lot of stray cats around here and Boots probably "knows" most of them. 

I was going to go to my bank this afternoon but Anne said that she would go for me. Ok. So it means I have no place to go today,which suits me fine. I can read and work on my music etc. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment