Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Its a New Week, a new month

and a New Year. Hello 2013. 

Weather wise, we're starting 2013 off with a bang! We're at 0* here in the Capital City and we're supposed to get above 0 all week. On my out and bout's this week, I can live with this. To celebrate the beginning of  this nice warming trend I took this photo of the world just out by my place, looking NE through plant baskets and winter trees. This was taken at 3:20pm today. That's busy 137th Ave.:
 Not much going on today. I couldn't sleep around 7am so I got up to read more from Stardoc #2. It's getting pretty good right now. 

My wife Anne isn't feeling that well struggling with the early stages of a cold bug she got from work. I could get it next.

I woke up about 1:30pm sleeping in really late, with no hockey on TV this New Years day I found a US College football game in Progress: Michigan State at South Carolina in the 3rd quarter. I don't watch a lot of football except CFL but I liked what I saw. SC won, I think the score was 33-28 something.

In keeping with my goal to read 1 short SF story every day, I read "Harmonies of Time" by Caroline M. Yoachim and yeah, I liked it. I rated it 4/7.

The NHLPA/League are scheduled to have a meeting currently underway. I hope both sides can manage an agreement sometime today, that'd be a great way to start the year of right. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment