Thursday, January 31, 2013

We're more or less out of that cold

snap. Ragnar on the cover of the Space Wolf Second Omnibus book looks about as cold as it is out there today. Except the illustrator forgot to put froth on his breath even after climbing upon that icy perch.

January has been a cold long month and I'm glad it's about over. February is begins tomorrow and is also known as Solmonath (mud month) and Kalemonath (named for cabbage) both old English names. For us here in more modern times we have Valentines day and here in Alberta we observe Family Day which is a stat holiday. My favorite Monday of the month. Plus February is a short month as Spring is just around the corner.   

Last nights Oiler's/Phoenix game had about as much excitement for most part of the game as reading some of my blog posts lately. I think I dozed off on the couch with my feet up on the coffee table for most of the 2nd period. If it wasn't for Anne calling me from her work place I might have slept through the game. Good thing she called because near the end of the 3rd period things got interesting. On a WTF? kind of head scratching penalty against the Oil, Phoenix manages to tie the game. In OT the Oiler's managed to win. It's going to be a different outcome tonight in San Jose. That game is televised as well, woo-who!  

I'm considering taking out a subscription to "Strategy & Tactics" magazine again and subscribing to "White Dwarf." S&T has a game in every issue and both magazines are published bi-monthly. A 2 year sub to S&T (with the game) cost's about s much as a ps3 game console. With White Dwarf I can order a subscription in the Games Workshop store at WEM. 

Speaking about Warhammer there is (in development?) an online version of Warhammer (not the 40K version) It's an RPG like Warcraft. I think it's by Bio-ware (based here in Edmonton) but I don't know if it's in development or in hiatus or folded or what. I'd be interested in playing this as I don't see myself building huge tabletop armies or anything. Anyway,that's about all for now. 






No comments:

Post a Comment