Sunday, January 13, 2013

Saturday was spent waking up

 around 10:30am managing my diabetes then going back to bed. I woke up about 12:30pm, still slightly groggy from the sleeping pill I take on the weekends as I haven’t been sleeping well lately since having no routine for the day.
 

Earlier I went and downloaded Google Drive and tried Google Docs.  it kind of works like Apples pages but Docs is more or less free I put in a paragraph about my feelings about the idol no more movement providing 2 links with the parragraphs and linked it to view privileges only. Works great. kind of works like Static pages did with my website. Also Drive I don't have to convert to Google Chrome to use it. I like Chrome on my laptop but XP for my Desktop.    

Earlier this evening I watched this great YouTube documentary on “When your Strange.” It was well done and lasted for about an hour and a half. I was 17 when Jim Morrison died July 3rd 1971. I enjoyed some of their hits even though, I wasn’t a fan or anything. Music for me in the 60’s and much of the 1970’s was something that was just, there. It wasn’t a part of my life back then until the mid 1970’s when the punk rock movement came out. I remember when the album “LA Woman” came out and I bought it. I have this image with the song in my head walking North along Clark Road passing Loughheed Mall. In 1971, our family was still living on Regan Ave (barely) I was working in the distribution/shipping area of the Columbia Newspaper at the time between Delestre Ave. and Loughheed Highway in that area. Watching this documentary brought back a lot of memories for me of the early 1970‘s.

The NHL lockout of 2012 is now, history. The owners have spoken and now the players have voted 98% in favour. Training camp begins today the season begins on the 19th for 48 games. The Oiler‘s first game is Sunday in Vancouver. I hope I get a chance to watch it. There‘s nothing better then (other then a new Doctor Who) to watch the Oiler‘s playing hockey on a Sunday. I hope in my next job I get Saturday and Sunday off.


One of my favorite channels is Space TV or "Space". More specifically, Canada's version of The Space Channel. As seen in the US. One of my favorite segments of Space,is a half hour daily program called "Inner Space." It's about their Space TV line up and science fiction in General. The 2 guys that host the show Ajay Fry, Cynthia Loyst and Teddy Wilson. Loyst I think is a latter addition to the show. I like Aja and Teddy, they work well together. It's a Monday-Friday program. They don't do much gaming but they do have interviews and get into the shows the network runs. Other wise its a great show.  
 

Ending off with television,I think tonight is the Golden Globes awards. Anne likes shows like this. Today, I‘m sleeping in reading and working on some of my tracks. It‘s going to be a laid back Sunday, just the way I like it. Anyway, that's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment