Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My wife had her outing

all day Sunday and I stayed at home. That was ok because she used her staff discount and ordered me a small meat lovers pizza that came with curly fries and chicken bites. So I had that around 5pm while watching "Looper:"


I really enjoyed this. I got to watch it for free, thanks Telus! On a scale from 1-10, I'd rate it an 8. I also kept watch over how the Oiler's were doing on their first game on the road in Vancouver. They ended up winning in a shoot out 3-2 giving the copper and blue their 1st W of the season. They entertain the SJ Sharks tonight for their home opener. I got 3 games on TV I can watch this week. They may be doing ok now but lets see how well they'll do at the end of March. I think with the group they have this year they will make the playoffs.

Thanks to my friend Dennis Hurd for pointing me in the direction of Google books. I signed up for a Google player and downloaded a Western by John Fox Jr. "A Cumberland Vendetta." I just started reading it yesterday morning. I just read the first chapter and it's building but engaging.

In the interest of being made aware of department, as most of you know the original 1960's bat mobile went up for auction over the weekend. The anonymous buyer paid $4.5 Million for it. More then likely he'll use it as an investment. "Want the original bat mobile for your show & shine or convention? Just $5,000/day. Your guests can actually sit in this piece of nostalgia for $100 photo op etc," It's a pretty good investment for that type of thing. Anyway, that's about all for now.

According a company called DSI they have plans to begin mining nearby asteroids in 2015. Their first attempt is to send a laptop size device then larger devices later on. The idea is to target small asteroids and work from there. They say that many of these asteroids not only have iron,nickel ore that sort of thing but also precious metals like gold and platinum. There is some speculation that these asteroids might even have water and oxygen. DSI invented the The technology, called MicroGravity Foundry. This printer is really cool

Well, I didn't win last weeks $16M lotto 6/49 but a man just North of us in St. Albert did. A lot of Albertan's have been winning the 6/49 over the years. That's good to see. Anyway, that's all for now.  


  



No comments:

Post a Comment