Friday, January 4, 2013

I had a a nice

outing last night.

First time getting out this year and other to get my book at Audrey's latter today, I'm home all weekend.

The idea was to head out and do all that running around today but my wife is off Monday and I can get everything done then. Including my appointment downtown.

The proposed "Downtown Arena"(future home of the Edmonton Oiler's) is a controversial topic here in the City. In order for the Arena to go ahead the arena is short $100 million dollars. Alberta opposition Leader Daniel Smith present the idea of a keno type lottery ticket. It's very popular in BC but not much here. She says if it's marketed properly on the same scale as BC it could generate the funds to pay for it. City residence do not want the Province to use tax dollars to fund this project as the game could go into 1,000 bars and pubs across the province. The idea would have to have NHL and approval by the Province. The Province has talked about some thing called, "cultural and recreational infrastructure projects." Such a game could generate about $200 million/year. Interesting.

Next Thursday I'd like to go to Saskatchewan #92 at Freemason's Hall. I'm not known there but it's another chance to get out.

We have 2500 Scene movie points. To cash in on a "free movie" is 1,000 points. Anne wants to spend at least $20 at the movies to buy 1 so we get another 1,000 points. We're going to wait until we have 3,000 before we go as she wants the extra points and the 1,000 points pays for her movie snacks. We get the points every time we swipe my Scotia Scene debit card. Most of our Scene points come out of things like paying our rent and bus pass, bills etc. For every $5 spent we get 1 point. So I'm actually getting 10 points when I make a LM payment. Because I'm 60 years old I we signed up for the 59+ plan which gives us unlimited ATM transactions. Scotia customers under 59 get 12 transactions. The other way to build points faster is with a credit card. Since we don't have one or want one, we  build up points just as fast With a credit card, its 1 $ = 1 point. It's a good deal to see first run movies and a chance to get out together.

I'm going to have an easy weekend and the only thing I've got on my agenda tonight if I decide not to go out, is to watch Smackdown. Anyway, that's about all for now. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment