Sunday, July 6, 2014

Having trouble with

Google today as its behaving kind of wonky, so I  had to delete my last blog effort. Hopefully this will stick.

Reason for the laps in posting recently is because I began a new job. I got hired on for 4-9 but then I realized only get 4.5 hours. Anyone working at least 5 hours here in Alberta has to have a half hour break. I took the 4-9 shift because of the bus from Clareview out to the West end is just 1 bus and I get there about 3:40pm. The max hours at this job in a 2 week pay period is 52 hours. I work Tuesday-Friday and Saturday from 9:30-1:30pm. It's for a bit more money then my last job but not by much. Last week from Wednesday to Friday I was able to get a ride back to Belvedere station and home at my usual time. I'm at the beginning of a pay period so I won't get paid for another 3 weeks yet. It's the same system as before "direct bank deposit." Getting there last week has been via the #137 bus which is a peek hour only service. it gets me on the corner of 178th and 108th street just before 4pm. My boss mad arrangements to have one of thesenior staff for $10/week drive me home. She also drives one of my colleagues home first to Westmount, then we take the Yellowhead and she drops me off at Belvedere station. I go home from there. Saturday my ride picked me up at 8:30am. then we went to Westmount to pick the other lady up and then to the McDonald's drive through for breakfast. Saturday's we work from 9:30am to 1:30pm. I didn't know until after quitting time my Westmount passenger and another employee had to make our own way home because my ride was working on another project 9-5. That was ok because it was just me and the other guy waiting for the bus there across the street of John Deer for the bus to Westmount. I caught a #4 to South Campus and the lrt to Clareview and home. Tuesday I'm taking the train to South Campus and the #4 to wem to catch the #126. After work I get the ride back.

Tomorrow I'm up early because I have a 10:30am PCN appointment. I'll get a coffee and take care of that business. I also need some more insulin. After that I can go home and get on with the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment