Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Summer weekends go by so fast dont

they? Mine begins Saturday afternoon at 1:30pm. What I like about where I work is I'm one bus ride to wem. The only tough part about getting to the job is catching that #4. It's the only bus out of there from anywhere in Campus terminal that's loaded all day. Its connected to the University.

I decided to try out Instagram last night and I opened an account. I haven't used it yet. I'm sure there's a lot about it on YouTube and I'll be looking at that to see if this is something I want to use.

On local news last night there was another condo fire. This one in the West end. The fire caused extensive damage to the upper portion of the building. Investigators were quick to determine the cause: Careless use of a cigarette. This fire displaced about 400 people, killed some family pets and sent some people to the hospital with burn injuries. An incident like this could happen anywhere. Credit fire fighters that were quick on the scene to do their job. If it was a busy night what with K-days going on, the results could have been worse. The worst injury was to one individual that is in serious condition now in the hospital shortly before I began the job. Most likely the one that is responsible. The lady that drives me home every night was displaced by a fire in her building. She just lives over here by the police station on the other side of Manning. She took me to her building on the way home last Thursday night showing me the fire damage to her apartment building as we drove by. The smoke damage was quite visible. I'm going to ask her what the cause of the fire was. The most common apartment/condo fires are unintended use of something on a stove or cigarettes. I hope the idiot smoker gets criminal chargers and is held accountable. The incident on the news was disturbing because, what if something like that happens here to our building? We had a fire to the building across from us several years ago on the upper floor. The whole roof had to be repaired. I'm not going to go on a rant about smokers. That's for another time but the apartment fire that happened over the weekend hit close to Home. other then here, I'm going to keep my comments to myself.  

Just finished browsing the Star Wars.com website and Hasbro is going to release a huge Millennium Falcon in The Empire Strikes Back. This thing is about 2 feet long and is going to be out around November at Walmart of this year for about $60, cool. Not that I have the space for for something like this. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment