Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Just one more day off of my 5 day weekend

but there will be others. What I like about this job is that it's steady. Sure I could have booked as much time off as I need at my last job. However, because it's project based if I lose a day and if the project ends during that time, I really feel the loss. Especially weekends are felt the most because they are full days. The other nice thing about the new job (if I work out) and plan it right, I might be able to take off a full summer. Lots of options.

It being July first, Canada's new Canadian Anti Spam Law takes place, other wise known as CASL.This piece of legislation is supposed to put a big dent in email spam. It allows someone to "opt out" of unsolicited emails. I've been getting emails from businesses I have actually subscribed to but the Government says they must give me the option to "opt out." It's actually called "Unsubscribe." How CASL works is a email that I have subscribed to asks me if I want to further continue receiving emails from them, to "opt in." They send me a link to which I'm supposed to click on to accept and continue, to give my consent to further send me their emails. It's kind of silly really but it's just another step for business I want email from to show they are CASL compliant. To read into it further here's a CASL link. 

There's been some discussion around the blogosphere of a strange cube discovered from a photo of a Mars rover. Just YouTube cube Mars as key words but its intriguing. I wonder if there is any connection to the white light that has also been noted recently on Mars. Mars no doubt about it has some strange anomalies. Like this one from Curiosity:

Monday night Raw last night was awesome. I actually thought Seth Rawlin's was going to cash in his "Money in the bank" briefcase. At the last minute Dean Ambrose comes in and foils that idea. Love it. 

Today COE is demolishing the 102 Avenue Groat Road Bridge which will be closed to traffic for 15 months as the City constructs a replacement bridge. 

New Bridge Design - 102 Avenue Over Groat Road

The 102 Avenue over Groat Road Bridge serves as a major east/west corridor into and out of Edmonton's downtown. Constructed in 1910, the bridge has reached the end of its lifespan and will be demolished and replaced with a new bridge to better serve Edmontonians. There's even a webcam available here to watch the construction progress.  Happy Canada Day everyone. Anyway, that'.s all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment