Monday, June 30, 2014

I got 2 more days off

here before I go back to work. That's ok, at least I'm getting  (for now) steady hours. 

It was built in 1978 but satellite ISEE-3 is staying alive. Thanks to band of space enthusiasts that located the spacecraft and have managed to "talk to it" and to resurrect some of its instruments that can still provide useful data. The project is mostly a labour of love for the 75 team of scientists working on their own time, from the people (some in there 80's) that originally worked on the satellite to younger scientists in their 20's-30's. They raised about $140,000 to be able to work on this project. You can read more about it here.

Anne and I opted out of "Money in the bank" mainly because it would have cost us more money, which we don't have. We'll probably get the WWE network soon. That and my blood sugar readings were very unstable all day and by the time we would have come back, it would have been about 9pm and Anne needed to do Face Time with her sister.    

I'm heading out of here about noon today so I can get to my bank get the form for work and then across the street to get  my Eagles book. The only tough part about the job is the long distance getting there. It's not like I catch a train and walk a block and I'm there within 30 minutes. At least though, its steady. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment