Friday, June 27, 2014

Dilemma's are interesting and mine is

challenging to say the least. My current situation with my market research job is project based, what my availability is and my flow rate determines if I get any hours. Also, the tap on my current job in the summer (as far as work goes) trickles out like a leaky faucet. We're expecting another project but that's up to the whim of the client when we start. It's up to the whim of my survey house manager to determine how many hours I get. So here's the dilemma part, I got a more or less permanent job today way out in the West end. It's only 26 hour/week but the bonus structure is good. People have been there for as little as 1 month to 4 years, 8 to thirteen etc. It's from 3-9. I get Sunday's and Mondays off. Sometime this afternoon I could get a email from my market research job saying for me to come in Saturday onward for 6 days. That conflicts with my other job that starts Wednesday. I'm not sure what to do here. Hence my dilemma. If a schedule doesn't come in today, then great. If one does I'm going to say something like a situation has come up I'll be in on Monday. Monday night I'll explain face-to-face with my manager and ask if I can work just Sunday's as others have done 1 day a week. If that's ok, then great, there is no conflict. If not, I'm just going to ask for a couple of months off, return in September. My market research job will dry up in the summer anyway but if I work out at the new place, then all the better. I want to keep the doors open too my market research job, if the new one works  out. I'm just three years away from my full pension and the market research job would fit in just perfectly with that. "What? I'm off for 2 weeks, wu-who," type thing. Ok that dilemma is more or less ironed out. 

While Anne and I were out this afternoon after our successful interview, we had just missed our #137 bus. I always bring my camera along. We waited in the hot Sun at 108th Ave and 178th street waiting for our 137th home so Anne snapped this photo of me sitting on the grass on the corner there with the Evergreen tree behind me:


People are already saying good things about the picture above. So our bus came along and it packed up in a hurry. I sat facing East to get a good glimpse of where the new West end Long & McQuade (LM) store is. We got held up by train traffic in a bus that was standing room only. I caught a glimpse of the LM logo and now I know where it is just off of Saint Albert Trail and 137th Ave. Anne had a great idea: Lets go into Wendy's at Northgate for dinner. I hadn't been at that location before.

Coast to Coast has another great show underway. Tonight they are talking about water locked up in rocks 400 miles under the earth, strange droning sounds in Michigan, and "Kewper Anonymous," the US Army cryptographer who worked for the CIA in 1957-1960 and was briefed about UFOs. Sounds like a great show. Thursday's usually have great shows.

We decided to get the #11 bus at Northgate home and got in about 7:30pm. It was a long afternoon.

I bought my first CFL Proline ticket earlier at Clareview, 4 games all ties on a $2 ticket. If I played this out correctly it would have paid to win $554! First game underway, was Argo's/ Bomber's. First Quarter it was Winnipeg 28 Argo's..0? Whaaaaaat? The game ended  up Argo's 24- Bombers 45. Note to self, next week Home teams to win. Anyway, today I'm sleeping in. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment