Saturday, June 21, 2014

Summer officially is finally here

or so one would think. At least I have a weekend off.

The football (pre-season) Esks/Riders game ended with a Eskimo victory. On hostile turf no less. The bad news is it wasn't televised. TSN would rather have us watch a Calgary/BC. Boring. It was also good to see Ottawa win in Montreal no less.

Coast has a pretty good show going on right now: Paranormal Great Lakes and Mississippi River. The story of the Edmund Fitzgerald. I'm reminded of the song by Gordon Lightfoot "The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald." It's a long drawn out song. The ship Edmund Fitzgerald has been seen again 10 yeas after it sunk in 1975. 

There was no work schedule in my email in-box, and I sort of was expecting it, but it means I have no work over the weekend and for the rest of the week. Fortunately for us and my cpp, I'll have most of the rent paid. The rest by mid next  month when I'm back to work at the end of this month. It also means I can't sit on my butt for 2 weeks either. My wife and I are really struggling. It means I'm going to have to take an advertising job at a place I don't care about. Something disposable so I can get the money, in and out. I'm going to send out some resume's this weekend to places that I can work long term that's steady. I'm tired of hand from mouth type thing

I might as well enjoy the weekend off, I might not get another one for awhile. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment