Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Anxiety over the pdf email was lifted

from my shoulders when I came home last night to see the pdf in my inbox. Now I hope I have enough hours for my rent for July. If I was working at my Xentel job (now long gone) I wouldn't be worried as much over this. I'm working for July's rent, now. 

Yesterday was ok going into work. Coming out of the building I was met with a torrent of rain. I was worried about my book in my bag because I had no rain gear. The Matrix hotel's Starbucks offered some shelter as I found a better spot in my bag. I should have just waited the rain cell out with a decaff or something. I checked at Corona station and the book was ok, so was my camera. I was soaking wet on the train coming home. After the train got out of the tunnel the storm clouds were exposing blue sky and drifting apart. Just coming off my bus I took this photo of the sunset about 9:45pm It was a lot lighter out there then this photo


Tonight could be the Stanley Cup hockey game as LA hopes to win it in 4 games in New York. Although it would be nice to see a Stanley Cup game Saturday night. Tonight it's game #4 and if there is a game #5 it will be Saturday night in LA and let it be done there. Bring on the off season!

We got a beautiful day out there, for now. if my hours get dropped from my current job, then I'll try out another advertizing job. I like the job I have now but it's not steady and that's where the problem lies. Anne's just got to get something going. She's beginning to make an effort and she wants to go register at another employment agency this week but I have the bus pass but she's got tickets. 

Tonight, it's a 4 hour shift. If I can work all hours in this pay period, I'll have enough for at least 2 thirds of our rent for July. I hate this. The other day at the tm job I asked a colleague who's more or less steady there, if he misses Xentel. His response was "no way." Consider the stress he's under and the source he's calling, I doubt he's getting $375/week like I was. A lot of call centre jobs are promoting their work from home option. Where my wife works, they are doing that, which is why she's only getting 2 days/week. OAS can't come early enough for me. Anyway that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment