Monday, June 16, 2014

Although I missed out on a few hours I'm

ok with leaving out of the office with 5.5 then 7.5 yesterday. We lose two hours but I'll be making up for it, somewhere this week. I'm also more or less ok with having Tuesday off.

Lately I've been getting a lot of request or notifications from the "latest and greatest" social media trend, Linkedin. At the moment I have little or no interest in linkedin or what anyone else is doing on linkedin. If people want to contact me, I'm on Facebook. 

Google has been working on a self driving car fo awhile now. The Google car. You get in, program your destination and it drives itself. These cars will be most likely wifi enable to protect passengers in cars from other cars. Some US states already allow for testing of these kinds of vehicles. You can YouTube this and get a bunch of responses. Most likely when early models come out, the price point will be high. Later as they catch on and with more features, and killer apps, the price will drop. I doubt  the Google car will work here in Edmonton weather though. My main concern is these cars could be hacked into. Even cars today have been hacked into what with recent cases with "Onstar"etc. I think the Google car will go quietly away like Google glass but one never knows.

Some sad news from Hollywood: American disc jockey, radio personality and actor Casey Kasem died yesterday at the age of 82. While Kasem barely entered into my consciousness growing up as a teenager I was aware that Kasem was the host of the music radio programs such as American Top 40 etc. Sad indeed. 

I actually had a good day on the job yesterday pulling in 4 completes. We had a smaller crew on today then Saturday. I'm in for 4 hours today and off Tuesday and in for Wednesday. If I'm off for Thursday and Friday I have a plan B that I need to set in motion Tuesday for Thursday and Friday. I'll be doing this Tuesday if I'm off for those two days. I won't know what next week will bring until Friday. For the most part I was kept employed at my mr job last Summer from July-August pulling in 2 shifts/week and living off my tax return. Worked picked up in September, and it's been more or less steady since then. I expect shifts at my job to dry off though this summer at the end of the month. I know of a place that might start up in mid August but for the most part, it's going to be a struggle for Anne and I until I can get my pension. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment