Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Yesterday on my day off

I was able to remove a lot of files off my C drive. Actually about 4 Gb worth:
Now all I need is funds for a internal drive but preferably a better desktop PC. This one is closing in on 10 years old already. It's had only 1 upgrade since 2005 but the external drive above was a good deal for less then $100.

One of my colleagues on Facebook was asking what am I doing for work these days but I don't discuss my job situation on FB. On my blog, I only talk in vague generalities. Except of course if the company folds and are no longer in operation like Xentel. That's where most of my colleagues are from and they hit me on FB hoping I can find jobs for them, yeesh. Go look on Kijiji that's what I do.

At Corona station Sunday night, I noticed a long panel strip of some kind hanging over head between track 1 & 2 in the early stages of being installed. On the Connect 2 Edmonton lrt thread one of the posters mentioned about it earlier today that it's supposed to be a signaling panel for the metro line extension. Since I wasn't there last night, I'll be able to see it's progress tonight.

I'm just about ready to finish "Galaxy in flames" and move onto "The Flight of the Eisenstein." Looking forward to this part in the series.

I'm out of here at 4pm for my afternoon commute. I've got for hours tonight and I won't know until I get into the office to see if I have hours for tomorrow or Friday night until I see any changes to the schedule. I want to catch the boss before he leaves. If I've got nothing, then I have to resort to plan B.

No comments:

Post a Comment