Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Computer hackers

have forced the feds to shut down the National Research Council. Ottawa says no other department's systems have been compromised. The thing is, every capable country is doing it (spying) but wont admit it. Ottawa had to take the NRC system offline until NRC's IT people can work out a  more secure infrastructure. They say this could take up to a year.

We're getting some nice weather this summer, despite last Friday's storm. Though, we could use another one to cool things off here for a bit. I love the warm weather. The cats are hot though and they're putting up with it the best they can. The not so good thing about Summer is all the Magpies out here. Anne calls them 'pies. About an hour ago one of them was wailing in my ear (probably on the railing of the balcony) waking me up. I just put my earplugs in and I fell back to sleep.

Work on the downtown arena is picking up and moving forward at an accelerated rate due to the warm weather. Concrete is being poured, framing is being done. The site is busy. By this time next year the project could almost be completed. Could the Oiler's be playing at Rogers place arena for the 2015-16 season? Hard to say but from reports around the web the Oiler's will be playing in the new building 2016-17. Just keep watching the web cam. The link to the cam is top left in my left sidebar. 

This morning I'm out of here in about an hour to head for downtown (Corona station) I need to go into the office at my other job and sign for some documents to be released for our upcoming project. I can't say anything about it of course. Then after that or before that since I'll be on street level I may as well get one of my Warhammer 40k books, all before I head into work. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment