Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I have yet to hear from my job as to when

the next project is. I'll be calling the office for an update this afternoon. Most likely even though we have work for the summer its going to be something like 1 week on 1 week off type thing. I've got a few options I'm going to call in on. My job is more or less steady but because its project based is unpredictable in the summer. If I didn't have ei, I'd be in trouble.

Update: I decided to check into the office about 5pm and the boss said there's nothing happening for the rest of the week. Something is coming up for after the long weekend. I have a couple of options including a few job leads. One option I might have and I'll be calling tomorrow is to see if this career upgrading school still has its 3 month customer service course. I think one might begin in September. It helps extend my ei claim and improves my existing customer service skills. Also, when where I work has more projects, I might be able to work 2-3 days/week for pocket money. I'll be calling the school tomorrow.

I put another post out there in the "I grew up  in Coquitlam" site. Asking the group if anyone remembers a Mrs. Wilson. I gave a description an address and years. Some people remember her and one member said she knew my siblings and our


View image on Twitterfamily saying we lived around the corner from us on Hailey etc. She asked how Rick, Martha, Jeff etc were. Apparently though my Mrs. Wilson was Mrs Mitchell. The member corrected me from the description I gave her. She knew Jill and corrected me on the spelling of her last name. I got the name wrong but the description is bang on. The group member's madden name was Westover. She remembers when Hailey was a dirt road in1959. The Mrs. Mitchell thread is all but petered out but it was interesting and generated 35 replies. The Google map above shows the area I grew up from 1959-1971. The blue dot is about where our house (still standing) is. I got one more story to go in "Tales of Heresy" and I'm really enjoying this anthology. I've got 4 more anthologies in this series, "Legacies of betrayal" is the next book in the series, book 31. Also a Horus Heresy anthology. Great stuff. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment