Thursday, July 9, 2015

When I was out there reading my book

Wednesday afternoon underneath that nice red tree as seen below

 
(my usual spot) I read my Warhammer 40K book "Tales of Heresy." I'm just over the halfway part. I had an enjoyable time just reading occasionally glancing up to watch the girls go by in the +29* hot afternoon Sun. Actually it was mostly overcast and even the breeze was warm air. Inside it was a lot better.

As I was about to cross the marked crosswalk this time where the incident happened yesterday with the cop car the car had to jump the meridian to get into the lane cutting me off to get in front of the cars waiting at a red light. The cop car was about where the car is in the other lane is facing East. There's no way that the cop car could have seen whether or not the light was any color. His only indication that there was any light at all was that traffic in the East bound lane had come to a stop. So the cops reckless driving almost got me killed Tuesday night. I was where the blue dot was. By the time the cop was where the end of the arrow was the traffic was still at a stand still.

  So there was no way that the car could have stopped in time as it was committed to go. No what if there was a bunch of  us in that cross walk. It's been  known to happen. Also, last night I had pressed the light and I was barely across the street over the meridian when the light changed. 

Today is the day Greece has to provide a debt proposal in order for them to stay in the Euro. We're feeling that country's economic woe's even over here. In Athens It's sobering stuff as shops are all boarded up. People can't buy day-to-day necessities. We're seeing what happens when a country goes bankrupt. Yet they said "no" to austerity on Sunday. They have a chance to save themselves today from their creditors. We'll see what happens.

Finally after having a bi-week, the Eskimo's play their first CFL home opener game tonight at Commonwealth The home opener should have been week 1 but because of FIFA the Esks had to play up there in Fort McMurray. I miss having the games on the weekends when CBC was hosting them.

We have another hot one today as we're sitting at +29* at noon! Yikes, now that's hot. Its going to get even warmer by the time I leave out of here. Good news for me today is not only do I get off work a bit early but I have nice cold Heineken beer in the fridge waiting for me and a cold shower. Its expected to get up to 32 today Anyway that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment