Saturday, July 4, 2015

Why is he blogging at this hour

shouldn't he be at work? The project ended Friday at 5:45pm yesterday afternoon and we were sent home. Before that though we were to expect a phone call today about the up coming project next week, tentatively to begin Tuesday. I got that call this morning. Translation: I passed the probationary 3 month period. I'm scheduled to show up Tuesday 4pm-8:30pm as they just want to take a look at it before they schedule more hours. It could go in any number of different directions, which I wont list here. However, this means as of today, I have 3 days off.

What with all the trouble going on in the world, whacky gun happy nutcases killing tourists, Greece facing a financial crisis, some interesting news. Solar impulse 2 made its historic landing in Hawaii. The plane flew from Japan 8,000 Km to land in Hawaii using the power of the Sun. The flight last 118 hours. The next leg of the journey will be undertaken by pilot Bertrand Piccard, who will fly from Hawaii to Phoenix, Arizona.  

This coming up October is a important election for Canada. The players are our current PM Stephan Harper (my choice) and the NDP oppoisition leader Tom Mulcair and Liberal leader Justin Trudeau. The Liberals and the NDP are soft on terrorism and that scares me. Trudeau wants to legalize marijuana (to tax it obviously) The only sense of reason is Harper.

View image on TwitterMy little Samsung wifi camera could always take video. I just don't know for how long. I know it can only take 3 minute video clips to upload to YouTube but I need at least 5-20 minutes for my Jams I want to produce. I haven't used the camera in almost a year. Now that I have a bit of time off this weekend, I can charge the camera and tinker around with the settings. The camera's YouTube app might let me upload only 3 minutes to YouTube but I think I can shoot video for as long as I the memory card will let me.

The construction across the street is in full swing. Just what we need around here is another pharmacy. Shoppers Drug Mart is useful to me because we don't have far to go to get  our bus pass and if I need to get a lottery ticket, its just across the street. I'll be able to get my diabetic supplies there in the future. I'd much rather see a London Drugs there (better selection) and they have a decent computer selection but it wouldn't make sense because Best buy is across the street. Heck, neither does having 3 pharmacies all within a few blocks of each other make sense either. I'd love to see a Max store or something that's open 24 hours, that has tables and a place to have a coffee or a snack. Or even have a Long & McQuade 

On my plate tonight, I'm following a bit of the BC/Ottawa CFL football game, munching on BBQ potato chips and having a good time and I might even put together a bit of a beat. Before I go, I'd like to wish all my American friends and colleagues, Dan, Dennis, Kieth, Alan and all the rest a happy 4th of July. The other greatest country on the planet. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment