Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Looks like things at work might be winding

down for a bit. I might be off as early as Monday or as late as the 27th, hard to say at this point. At least I have a back up so that's good. I actually wouldn't mind taking a week off. I can get some business done.

This is what Edmonton will look like within 5years from now.The building to the left is the 50 story Delta hotel. 

 The downtown arena district will be now known as the Ice District.


The other building is the Edmonton office tower and the one closer to the right of the illustration is the Stantec tower coming in at 62 floors. Close to the Edmonton Arena district is Fox tower 1 (already built) Fox 2 under construction, and Ultima tow er also under construction. And of course the downtown arena already under development..

The big news lately is space news. After nearly a 3-billion mile journey that spanned nearly 10 years, the New Horizons spacecraft "phoned home" to indicate it had reached its flyby destination of Pluto, a mere 7,700 miles away. Detailed images will be sent back in the hours to come including Pluto's 5 moons. What's even as interesting is that the probe can send data back to earth at that distance.

The new project isn't quite firmed up yet but I'm hoping I can start without much time off. I've got gear I want to get. I've got cash for myself to for my time off, so I can't complain and this weekend we've got wwe battleground. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment